Have time or talent to contribute? The Sparta Education Foundation offers many opportunities to get involved in making a positive difference in our schools and our community.
Extra hands are always needed to help with large events such as the Turkey Trot and Casino Night. Committees help with event planning in the weeks and months leading up to events, while additional help is needed on event days to help with registration, set-up and clean-up, and other activities. Contact us to ask about current needs by emailing us at email@example.com.
Do you have expertise that you are willing to share with Sparta's students? In collaboration with Sparta Public Schools, the Sparta Education Foundation is developing a Speakers Bureau comprised of individuals who, through their work experience, education, and/or cultural background, can contribute to the classroom and to our children’s education. Sparta's public school teachers can invite speakers to visit their classrooms based on what is being studied. Listed below are examples of topics and areas of expertise that would be welcome in the classroom:
- Science – Genetics, geology, environmental studies, space travel, solar/wind power, astronomy, archeology
- Technical fields – Engineering, robotics, and other technical fields of study
- Government – Public service, local and state government operations, election processes and systems
- Geography and Cultural Studies – World travelers and bilingual speakers who use language skills in their jobs
- Reading, Writing, Communicating – Writers, reporters, filmmakers, lawyers, real estate agents
- Mathematics – Accountants, bankers, statisticians
- Performance and Fine Arts – Actors, directors, professional singers and musicians, artists
- Health Care – Doctors, dentists, police, firefighters, paramedics, veterinarians
The Speakers Bureau offers a wonderful opportunity for community members to get involved with Sparta's schools and help enhance the educational experience of our students. Simply print the Speakers Bureau application and mail your completed form to the Sparta Education Foundation, 270 Sparta Avenue - Suite 104 PMB 126, Sparta, NJ 07871.
Board of Trustees
If you are looking for an opportunity to make a lasting difference in the quality and scope of public education in our community, consider serving as a member of the Sparta Education Foundation's Board of Trustees. Our trustees' volunteer efforts can have a significant impact on the level of community engagement in our public schools.
Download a Volunteer Application Form to return to the Sparta Education Foundation.
We accept via PayPal: